Wednesday, April 2, 2008

“When you put it on, something happens”




Member's Only Jackets have a new look, but managed to keep the same tagline. "When you put it on, something happens"; yeah you get made fun of... until now. I remember when I worked in retail and I encountered a rather stylish young man who was very well-dressed and wearing a Member's Only jacket... I couldn't control my laughter. No, I'm not that cruel it's just that it reminded me of my dad, and how I would beg him not to leave the house wearing his Member's Only jacket, Because he was the only member left ::insert compulsory laughter here::





You must admit that the jacket does stand out and is somewhat trendy now. Selling at nearly a grand it should be! The gold lambskin jacket that Mariah is wearing can be found at Kitson for $995, but If you want a Member's Only jacket I am sure you can find one in any Vintage store, thrift store, or in the closet of anyone over 4o...jk lol. I like retro trends, so I'll probably be on the lookout for a Member's Only jacket... I just stumbled upon a vintage shop that I'm rather fond of.

No comments: